Sunday, April 18, 2010

Heat Transfer_Popcorn Lab (10pts) [;


In my Red science class, I conducted a radiation popcorn experiment. What i had to do was microwave popcorn. I know what your probably thinking which is that this has nothing to do with science whatsoever and that this is just a lame excuse to satisfy my hunger in science class but your wrong! This lab showed radiation and how heat is transferred with molecules. Radiation is the process in which air is heated and this process is the only way that the heat is transferred to move around in areas of space. Radiation causes molecules from the popcorn to vibrate and it moves the heat in the kernels which causes the popcorn to pop. The moisture in the popcorn kernels extend when the moisture inside the kernels get hot enough which makes them build up pressure transform into popcorn. In order for this to happen, there has to be a certain amount of heat in order for the popcorn to pop. This is how your favorite movie snack that seems simple is made. This proves that even the simplest aspects of life can deal with science. Next time you should ponder the simplest things in life and then you can see the nothing is actually simple. ~Vikinggirl15<3>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been surfing online over three hours today, yet I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It's really sufficiently worth for me. As I would see it, if all website admins and bloggers made great substance as you did, the web will be significantly more helpful than any time in recent memory. microwave radiation